Pages

Wednesday 15 January 2014

3rd Draft of magazine




This is my 3rd draft of my music magazine.To help improve my pages I went around asking my target audience what they thought of my magazine and what could be improved.

The suggestions were then took on board and the changes to each page are:

Front cover - I reduced the size of the model to allow space for the masthead and also the box on the sell lines and not overlapping the model. I added a number of shapes to make my front over seem more fun as my feedback showed that there was not much going on that will attract their attention. They also suggested that I shall add posters, there I took more pictures to fulfill this requirement as it is also seen in my front covers of music magazines.

Contents page -  Many individual's noticed that the editors letter overlapped the picture on the right slightly so i improved this area by spacing out the texts so it is not over any images. I also changed the colour to purple rather than pink. As it is seen that the colour scheme is vital and should be consistent throughout the magazine. I then added a big purple S to add more colour to that side of the page. Making the numbers that are on the images bigger will make it easier and more visible to consumers to find the content.

Double page spread - The biggest change happened on the double page spread, as it was seen from many peoples response that the typography and choice of font was wrong and did not fit in well. I changed this by using a font that is more suitable. I also got rid of much of the writing and added ins quotes which was previously in plan with my sketches. The page also seemed quit blank with just texts so it was put forward to have some texts highlighted to add more brightness to the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment